Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas and happy New Year

 Photo:  The new artificial surface at KGV Park is looking superb. [PlessPix]  

I wish all football followers  -  players, officials, referees, administrators, volunteers, club members, media and fans  -  a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

All the best of health, fortune and success in 2023.

I am not on social media, but many people have made me aware of the numerous  congratulatory comments that have been made in regard to my induction into the Football Australia Hall of Fame on 12 November 2022. 

I am deeply humbled by the honour, and by the comments from my former students, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, family members and people involved in the game here, interstate and overseas.

Never in a million years did I expect it.

I hope the 2023 season will be a beauty and that the local game will rise to new heights.

I can hardly wait for the new season to start.

The early signs, such as the refurbishment of KGV Park, are promising.

The new artificial pitch is in place and is looking superb, while the new floodlights look like the real thing at last.

The best of luck to every club, and to everyone involved, in whatever capacity, in our beautiful game.

Photo:  One of the new floodlight towers at KGV Park. [PlessPix]
 
Photo:  I can hardly wait for the first night game at KGV Park next season. [PlessPix]

Photo:  Let there be light at KGV Park. [PlessPix]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walter I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for providing us with the only reliable football media coverage in Tasmania. Have a great Christmas mate and I look forward to following the game again with you in 2023. Let's hope the standard improves .