Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sherman keen to get back into Knights' senior side


Photo: Tom Sherman is back from the UK and keen to regain his place in the Glenorchy Knights senior side for the forthcoming finals [PlessPix]


Tom Sherman returned recently from England and is working his way back to match fitness through the Glenorchy Knights reserves.


The 19-year-old played in this evening’s 4-3 victory over the Tasmanian Institute of Sport.


Sherman’s brother, James, 21, stayed in England and is playing for Margate in the Ryman League.


“I just lived in England for a while and worked a bit, but I didn’t play at all as it was almost the end of the season when James and I arrived there,” Tom Sherman said after tonight’s game.


“James is over there playing. He’s just started playing for Margate, who are in the Ryman League.


“I lack a bit of fitness at the moment, but I’m slowly getting back into it.


“I’m training every night and doing a bit of my own work so, fingers crossed, I can make it back into the seniors in time for the finals series.


“A couple more minutes on the pitch and, hopefully, I can work my way back into the seniors.”


Sherman was delighted with the Knights’ win against the TIS this evening.


“It was a bit sloppy,” he said. “I suppose the last few weeks we’ve been a bit off the pace.


“But, it’s good to get a win. If we’d lost tonight, it would have been three out of four games that we’ve lost, so it was good to get a win.


“I mean, they’re a good side and a good young team, so it was a good win.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shermo for prime minister

Anonymous said...

Good to see the T-rex back at Knights.